FDA Approved Medical Technology
Cold Laser Therapy (also known as Low Level Laser Therapy or LLLT) has been used worldwide for over 40 years to relieve pain, remove scars, heal wounds and regenerate nerves and other damaged tissues.
On January 17th, 2002, the first U.S. Cold Laser Therapy company, Erchonia, which makes the laser used in this clinic, received FDA clearance through clinical trial. The study took 100 patients complaining of neck and shoulder pain. Half were treated with a useless red light (placebo group), similar to that on a computer mouse or grocery check-out, and the other half received cold laser. The treatment group beat the placebo group by 66%! That’s 66% faster and more complete relief, a remarkable margin. Such a study is known as “double blind” research, and is the gold standard for measuring the validity of a therapy.
Similar studies have been passed by the FDA for carpal tunnel, wounds, scar tissue and acne. There are over 2000 published studies on Cold Laser Therapy (or LLLT) reporting zero negative side effects. Visit www.Erchonia.com for a look at more in-depth research.
Many Uses and Applications
Cold laser therapy is being used by those in chiropractic, medical, dental, acupuncture, podiatry, osteopathy, veterinary, physiotherapy, and cosmetic applications. It is very effective and safe for children. Cold Laser Therapy is popularly used for:
- Soft tissue injuries: sprains & strains, tendinitis & bursitis.
- Chronic back & neck pain
- Myofascial trigger points
- Acute and chronic joint problems – osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ligament and tendon injuries, chondromalacia patella
- Reduction of inflammation
- Wound management – open wounds, pressure sores, post surgical healing, diabetic ulcerations, burns
- Dermatological conditions – eczema, acne vulgaris, roseacea, psoriasis, herpes, shingles, dermatitis
- Brachial Neuralgia
- Plantar Fascitis
- Frozen Shoulder
- Carpal Tunnel and more!